Introduction to Pilates
The Peak Pilates® Introductory Course has been designed to satisfy the prerequisite requirements for the Peak PilateSystem® certification program. This two-day course is appropriate for those who are new to Pilates and those interested in becoming a Pilates instructor. Introduction to Pilates lets you sample Pilates and its rich traditions, allowing you to make an educated decision on your next steps in completing your Pilates training.
Upon completion of the Peak Pilates Introductory Course you will have been introduced to:
- The history of Joseph H. Pilates.
- The fundamentals of Pilates.
- The Powerhouse and how it relates to Pilates movements.
- The mat, reformer and Cadillac introductory exercises.
- The Peak Pilates difference.
- The Peak Pilates educational pathway.
Pre-requisites: None. The course is designed to allow both the complete novice and the certified fitness professional to gain knowledge and experience in and about Classical Pilates.
Support Materials: Manual.
Assessment: None. Completion of this course does not include a certification to teach Pilates.