WSC - Georgetown
3222 M Street NW
9:00 am – 6:00 pm
Washington, DC 20007
Your registration includes:
Spinning Instructor Manual (2nd edition)
Digital preparatory study guide
Certification online assessment
Certification of Attendance
SPIN Membership trial for 30 days
ACE 0.8 CECs
NASM 0.8 CEUs
AFAA 8.0 CEUs
Comprehensive Level I Course Objectives:
- Learn to perform and teach the introductory and beginning exercises for mat, reformer, cadillac/tower, high and low chairs, small barrel, spine corrector, ladder barrel, wall and power circle.
- Learn how to teach safe and effective mat and reformer classes.
- Discover how to apply the 5-Part Formula for Success to ensure effective teaching.
- Ingrain teaching skills including tactile and verbal cueing, developing an “eye,” and understanding progression.
- Review general anatomy and kinesiology terms, and expand understanding of posture and the Powerhouse.
- Explore the mechanism and effect of breathing on movement.
- Develop strategies for working with students who suffer from chronic lower back pain of an unspecific nature
- Gain an understanding of how to use props in progression and for variation.
- Benefit from personalized coaching on live courses aimed at accelerating practical skills.
- Completion of Level I Modules 1, 2 and 3
- Completion of 100 required hours of observation, exercise technique practice, teaching practice and assignments for all modules
- Level I online theoretical exam
Registering: We highly recommend registering for each module a minimum of 4 weeks prior to the scheduled date. There is a considerable amount of required homework that will not be repeated during the live session workshops. These assignments are required to be completed in order to be eligible for assessment in Module 4.
Recommended reading: Anatomy of Movement (Blandine Calais-Germain). Available on Amazon.com
Required reading: Return to Life Through Contrology (Joseph H. Pilates and William John Miller) and Your Health (Joseph. H. Pilates). Available on Amazon.com
Module 4 is the final leg of the Peak Pilates Level I Comprehensive Certification Program. Teachers have polished skills and are ready for Assessment of exercise technique, Group Mat and Reformer teaching, and Private Full Session teaching. High and Low Chair exercises are introduced and practiced.
Digital Course Materials included with registration: Peak Pilates® Level I/Module 4 Video Library; Course Prep Packet
Trainer: Courtney Weis
Course fee: $599.00 (includes materials)