WSC - Georgetown
3222 M Street NW
9:00 am – 6:00 pm
Washington, DC 20007
Your registration includes:
Spinning Instructor Manual (2nd edition)
Digital preparatory study guide
Certification online assessment
Certification of Attendance
SPIN Membership trial for 30 days
ACE 0.8 CECs
NASM 0.8 CEUs
AFAA 8.0 CEUs
Jump Intervals was created to help you teach a new class format that will maximize students’ propulsion power with a program designed to burn calories, increase cardio challenge, improve jump alignment and enhance athletic performance.
You will discover how to teach a solid class to provide challenge, fun and variation not just for athletes, but for all fitness participants. Your students will jump for joy.
Here’s what you will receive:
- A Study Guide to take you step by step through the course
- The Jump Intervals PowerPoint to provide you with the theoretical underpinning needed to understand jump mechanics and class design.
- A video tutorial depicting the basics of jumping setup, initiation, execution, and precision points
- The Jump Interval video workout
- An audio tutorial on how to teach effective Jump Classes
- Choreography notes and a 6-week class progression plan to set you and your class participants up for success
- 3 CECs
Here’s what you will learn:
- Program proper progression sequences for each type of propulsion maneuver
- The mechanism of propulsion and the biomechanics involved in all four phases (preparation, take off, flight, landing)
- How to describe and teach the 5 main types of propulsion (jump, hop, leap, sissone, assemble)
- How to keep a class safe, together, and moving with strong cues and preparatory exercises.
- Lead a pre-choreographed 1-hour jump interval class
- Progressing your class over 6 weeks
Why take this course?
Jumping will help you to attract and retain students with an exciting new format, helping you to earn more income.
How it works:
After you sign up you’ll get an email with a link to start the course. Download the Study Guide and other PDFs that appear in Additional References. Then you can watch the videos and listen to the audio lessons in the order they appear. Finally, you will take a short quiz to test your understanding of the material and earn your CECs.